No products in the cart.
Cutting edge insulation jacket completely free from feathers. Mrs Dunfri is padded with Primaloft Gold Eco, a warm, lightweight and water resistant synthetic padding. Bring it in your backpack for extra insulation on the mountain or wear it under your everyday winter coat.
Mrs Dunfri is a Houdini classic, used by everyone from mountain guides to management consultants. The combination of clean, minimalist looks with cutting edge performance makes it a true chameleon, both in terms of functionality and style.
Mrs Dunfri is made in Spinner Ripstop, a very light and durable fabric made from 100% recycled polyester. The padding is Primaloft Gold Eco, a synthetic padding made from 55% recycled polyester. Primaloft Gold Eco has a similar warmth-to-weight ratio as down, but perform much better in wet conditions. It packs down nicely in a stow pocket and has a wonderful soft feeling. Mrs Dunfri is treated with a fluorocarbon free Durable Water Repellent.
We use synthetic padding not only for the performance benefits but also because we don’t believe birds should suffer for our comfort’s sake.
Bring Mrs Dunfri on any adventure. Use it to stay warm on your ski tour or climbing expedition, bring it to your camping trip, or simply wear it to fight the cold on your way to work.
When your Mrs Dunfri is completely worn out we kindly ask you to return it to Houdini for recycling. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Regular fit
- Wind resistant
- Water repellent
- Pre-shaped arms for freedom of movement
- Hood with cord constructed for full vision
- Pockets double as vent zips
- Soft cuff in Polartec® Power Stretch® Pro
- Adjustment in lower hem
- Fluorocarbon free
- Made from recycled fibers
- Weight 420 g
FABRICS AND TEHCNOLOGY
Main Fabric: Spinner Ripstop™
High density ripstop polyester. Water repellant, highly wind resistant, ultralight and stowable.
- Origin: Taiwan
- 100% recycled polyester
- Bluesign® certified
- Weight: 37g/sqm
- High density microfibers with 22D*22D
- Highly wind resistant
- Cired backside
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-Free
Padding: PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Active +
A highly water repellant, durable and quick drying alternative to down. Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Origin: China
- 55% recycled polyester, 45% polyester
- Weight: 40 g/sqm, 60 g/sqm, 80 g/sqm
- Excellent warmth to weight-ratio
- Soft and compressible
- Highly water resistant
- Migration resistant
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
- Bluesign® certified
Our padded garments are made with synthetic insulation from Primaloft. There are many advantages to a synthetic padding compared to down: You don’t have to tumble dry the garment with balls to regain the shape, it dries faster and it doesn’t smell when it’s damp.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
This product is Bluesign® certified, meaning that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
This product is fully circular, meaning that it’s made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today’s society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth’s resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
At least 50% of the fibers in this garment come from recycled sources, either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. In addition to the impact in production, the major shift is using “waste” as raw material instead of crude oil.
The fabric in this garment is fully recyclable. Instead of becoming waste, the raw material can be used for new products. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth’s crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.