No products in the cart.
Houdini’s design team has been looking for the perfect wool fabric for many years. An unmixed, pure merino wool that maintains our standard when it comes to functionality, comfort and durability. After many fabric samples, prototypes and field tests, we finally landed on Solid Merino, a fabric that meets all our requirements.
Solid Merino is made from 100% merino wool and comes from Australia. The fabric is guaranteed mulesing-free. It provides extra warmth all year round, warms when it is cold and feels cool against the skin when it is warm. To get a completely circular product, we never mix wool with synthetic materials. Pure wool is a renewable fiber and is both biodegradable and recyclable.
DeSoli Tights works all year round and is designed for all types of outdoor activities, but works equally well on a cooler day in everyday life. In the same wool series there are underwear shirts, t-shirts and underwear so you can find a garment that meets your needs.
This product is recyclable and we ask you to hand it in with us when it is completely worn out. We have recycling stations in all our own stores and many of our retailers.
- Tight fit
- Super fine 100% merino wool 17.5 µm
- Natural deafening and antistatic
- Mulesing free
- Renewable and biodegradable
- Weight: 150 g / sqm
- Made in Lithuania
- Weight 128 g
FABRICS AND TECHNOLOGY
Solid Merino ™
The ultimate organic fabric. Super fine merino wool knit for a thin and soft fabric that fits all forms of adventure.
- Origin: Lithuania
- 100% merino wool 17.5 µm
- Mulesing-free wool from Australia
- Organic and renewable fibers
- Weight: 150 g / m2
- Nice to the skin
- Mechanical stretch
- Natural odor resistant
Wool is a fantastic material that has natural dirt and bacterial resistance. Therefore, wool need not be washed after each use. Hang up and brace instead. Too much washing detracts from the properties of the wool and wears on the garments unnecessarily.
- Use a laundry bag. It protects your garments and prevents microfibers from leaking into the wash water. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure that you dry clean and flush the trash. Never rinse out of the laundry bag with water as the fibers may end up in lakes and in the sea.
- Wash with wool program, no more than 40 degrees.
- Preferably use wool detergent and be sure to use the correct dosage. If you do not have wool detergents, you can use mild environmental certified detergents. Then choose a detergent without enzymes that have a neutral pH.
- Avoid bleaching agents, alkaline substances that raise the pH and enzymes such as proteases or amylase because some enzymes break down proteins and fats into the wool. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid rinse aid. In addition to being bad for the environment, it degrades the garment’s performance, especially moisture transport and drying time.
- Do not tumble dry, except that it is bad for the environment, so wool garments are sensitive to high heat.
- Shape the garment after washing and let it dry flat on, for example, a towel.
This product is completely circular, which means that it is made from either recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable materials. Most products in today’s society are linear, where the resources of the earth are extracted, used and then discarded. This does not work in the long run and entails enormous pressures on the environment. Instead, we want to stop the circle and reuse the materials we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini products are completely worn out, return them to us through our recycling units located in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The material of this product is biodegradable. Thanks to the fact that we do not mix our natural materials with synthetic fibers and do not use harmful chemicals, you can compost the product and the only thing that remains is nutritious soil. Details such as washcloths, zippers, seams, etc. must be cut off and can usually be recycled. If you do not have your own compost, you can return the product to us when it is completely worn out. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
This product is made entirely of natural, renewable materials. We only use natural fibers that are environmentally sustainable and ethically produced. We use both natural materials and synthetic fibers, both have their advantages, but we never mix them to ensure that the product is circular. This means that all fabrics in our products of natural materials are biodegradable.
XS, S, M, L