No products in the cart.
The design team at Houdini spent years of stroking fabric swatches, creating prototypes and field testing to find the right fabric for the Desoli Tights. It’s not easy to find a fabric that match our high standards of performance, comfort and sustainability. To achieve a completely circular product, we were looking for a pure merino wool fabric. The decision finally fell on Solid Merino, a fantastic fabric in 100% merino wool.
The wool comes from Australia and is guaranteed mulesing free. Merino wool has many performance benefits. It will keep you warm when it’s cold but also has a cool touch when it’s warm outside. It stays warm even when it’s wet and is naturally odor resistant. The Desoli Tights are made from renewable fibers and is recyclable as well as biodegradable.
We can recommend this product to anyone that’s looking for a versatile base layer for all year around use. It works perfectly for skiing in the winter, but also climbing or hiking in the summer. The Desoli series also features a zip, crew, tee and underwear. Find your favorites and create your own base layer kit.
This product is recyclable and we kindly ask you to return it to us when it’s completely worn out. We have recycle units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Slim fit
- Super fine 100% merino wool 17,5 µm
- Natural anti-odor and anti-static
- Mulesing free
- Renewable and biodegradable
- Fabric weight: 150 g/sqm
- Made in Lithuania
- Weight 140 g
FABRICS AND TECHNOLOGY
The ultimate organic solution. Super fine merino wool knitted into a light and soft fabric for all type of adventures.
- Origin: Lithuania
- 100% merino wool 17,5 µm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia
- Weight: 150 g/sqm
- Vapor and moisture management
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Mechanical stretch
- Naturally odor free
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool’s properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
This product is fully circular, meaning that it’s made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today’s society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth’s resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The fabric in this product is fully biodegradable. Thanks to that fact that we never mix our natural fibers with synthetics and don’t use harmful chemicals, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don’t have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The fibers in this garment comes from 100% renewable sources like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
S, M, L