No products in the cart.
The Houdini design team have spent years looking for a pure wool fabric that matches our standard for quality, performance and sustainability. After many meetings of fabric swatch stroking, extensive field testing and prototyping the decision landed on the fabric Solid Merino.
Solid Merino made in super fine 100% merino wool from Australia. Guaranteed mulesing free. To achieve a completely circular product, we never mix wool and synthetics. The Desoli Crew is made from renewable materials, and is both biodegradable and recyclable. It provides all the great performance characteristics from merino wool. It’s warm even when it’s wet, feels cool when it’s warm outside and is naturally odor resistant. The garment has an athletic fit and is cut a little longer to give extra comfort.
The light wool base layer will keep you warm at the mountain, in the city or anywhere in between. Use it for skiing, hiking, climbing or a chilly bicycle commute. Our Desoli wool series consists of crew, zip, tee, tights and underwear. Find your favorites and mix and match as you please.
This product is recyclable and we kindly ask you to return it to us when it’s completely worn out. We have recycle units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Slim fit
- Super fine 100% merino wool 17,5 µm
- Natural anti-odor and anti-static
- Extended sleeves with thumb loops
- Backdrop for extra comfort
- Seams placed in non-friction areas
- Mulesing free
- Renewable and biodegradable
- Fabric weight: 150 g/sqm
- Made in Lithuania
- Weight 140 g
FABRICS AND TECHNOLOGY
The ultimate organic solution. Super fine merino wool knitted into a light and soft fabric for all type of adventures.
- Origin: Lithuania
- 100% merino wool 17,5 µm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia
- Weight: 150 g/sqm
- Vapor and moisture management
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Mechanical stretch
- Naturally odor free
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool’s properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
This product is fully circular, meaning that it’s made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today’s society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth’s resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The fabric in this product is fully biodegradable. Thanks to that fact that we never mix our natural fibers with synthetics and don’t use harmful chemicals, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don’t have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The fibers in this garment comes from 100% renewable sources like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
XS, S, M, L, XL
GROUND GREY, TRUE BLACK