No products in the cart.
Have we finally created the perfect everyday t-shirt? Try on this super comfortable, highly versatile printed t-shirt made from our soft merino wool and Tencel and see for yourself. The breathable and quick drying fabric lets the Activist Message Tee regulate your body temperature with high efficiency.
At Houdini, we constantly strive to own fewer products that still fills several different purposes. A minimalistic lifestyle means less impact on our environment and less contribution to consumerism. We asked ourselves: Is it possible to create a t-shirt that you can wear during your morning run and then take the same t-shirt to work?
The small microns in the merino wool makes it super soft and comfortable without the risk of itchiness. The wool is also naturally odor wicking and fast drying. The versatile t-shirt comes in three different prints and colors. The water based prints are not only environmentally friendly but they also feel soft and like a natural part of the garment. Seams placed only in no friction areas give you a comfortable full range of motion. The natural breathability properties that the wool has will keep you at a pleasant temperature.
Use the t-shirt as a layer on cold winter days or wear it as you are sipping ice coffee under the sun in the summer time. No matter if you wear it with a pair of jeans or a pair of hiking pants, the relaxed fit will prepare you for any everyday adventure. Simply put, we believe that it is possible to wear one t-shirt for everything.
- Regular fit
- Renewable and biodegradable fibres
- Circular product lifecycle
- Natural anti-odor performance
- Cap sleeve for better movement
- Effective moisture management
- Softer than plain merino
- Back drop
- Weight 132 g
FABRICS AND TECHNOLOGY
Main Fabric: Activist Treemerino™ wool
Optimal organic solution for the future. A combination of merino wool and lyocell from Tencel® provides a softer touch than plain merino and an effective moisture management. Tencel® also increase the durability of the farbic while the merino wool transports moisture away from the skin and prevents odor in a natural way.
- Origin: Sweden
- 60% merino wool 20µ, 40% lyocell Tencel®
- Weight: 170 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia and South Africa
- Tencel® Lyocell from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- Organic wool and cellulosic based renewable fiber
- Softer than plain merino
- Vapor and moisture management
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Mechanical stretch
- Natural odor control
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool’s properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
This product is fully circular, meaning that it’s made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today’s society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth’s resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The fabric in this product is fully biodegradable. Thanks to that fact that we never mix our natural fibers with synthetics and don’t use harmful chemicals, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don’t have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The fibers in this garment comes from 100% renewable sources like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The fabric in this garment is fully recyclable. Instead of becoming waste, the raw material can be used for new products. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth’s crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
XS, S, M, L
GIMMIE GREEN, LAVENDER WOODS, GREEN PEAS